Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Izzy our Super Hero

 



Last Thursday morning I went off to work. Had a normal day and called Chris on my way home as I usually do. As we were talking he suddenly realized,

"You haven't seen the pillow yet!!"

"The pillow?"

"Yeah the pillow. It's in the garage."

"OK??" (me, very puzzled at this time)

"Gracie decided to lay down by the fire this morning...and placed the pillow right up on the glass where it would be extra warm."

Me gasping.

Chris went on to tell me Izzy was practicing her violin then turned to notice the unusual sight of smoke coming from the fireplace. She ran in to find the pillow laying on the fireplace had black smoke coming from it. She quickly grabbed it and through it on the ground, calling dad to come. Chris came running as he too smelled the smoke, had a little panick moment as he saw the charcoaled corner of the pillow, then realized that Izzy had SAVED THE DAY (and our house). All this time Gracie, looking in awe at the spectacle, was quite confused at at all the commotion over her little nap by the fire.

When I got home I sadly saw the burnt couch pillow then walked into a welcoming, lovely smell of burnt down. uggh. Thanks to my Izzy, I still have a house and I might be able to salvage the pillow. Thank You my Super Hero!!


P.S. I have to add...quite ironic... since Izzy is the one who insisted on buying Superman jammies with a cape (at age 5) so she could be...da dada da...Super Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment