I have a problem...I'm on a diet and can't celebrate my new change in life with a wonderfully fabulous spread of food (I know, I know there are lots of other ways to celebrate but oh a spread of good food would be so good!!).
That is another commitment I have made... To take care of myself physically. OH...THAT IS HARD!!!
I love to exercise (not a problem)
I love healthy food (very good)
I love food (not good)
I love sugar and sweets and everything scrumptious and delightful and crunchy and munchy!! (HUGE PROBLEM!)
I have come to realize (as I have been on this no sugar diet for the last week) that I have a problem...I find too much comfort in food, particularly candy, sweets, bread, pastries, and, OK OK JUNK! In the middle of this first week I got a cold and now I want nothing more than to eat to comfort my lethargic self.
So, I must commit to a quest. Because if I am going to be any different, any better about eating (and I am definitely not convinced completely ousting sugar is the answer) I need to find a new comfort, a new outlet, sadly a new past-time. I don't want to but I know I need to and that is why I am writing today, right now. And you know what it feels really good! (I just won't think about those gooey chocolate brownies that have just come out of the oven!!)
The reason for the quest...I know I'm an ornery mom when I load myself with junk and I don't want to be an ornery, mean, bratty Princess. How will my girls ever learn to be beautiful, elegant delightful princesses if I can't be one myself? So, this is for them and for me. It's only for 21 days so I can find other good things in life, but at this point food is still divinely wonderful. Why is it when you can't have something you want it all the more?! ( Can you tell I'm still rambling because I still need to distract myself until those brownies are gone?!)
So...wish me luck and pray for me! Because this is going to be like slaying a dragon...in fact I'd much rather slay a dragon then miss out on those ooey, gooey, chocolate brownies! (UGGH!! How am I ever going to make it?!)
Good for you Min! You can do it. You've pretty much excelled in everything else in your life so I see no reason why you can't excel at this too. And keep up the blog posts! I love reading them.
ReplyDelete