I love knowledge. I love that a person can learn about anything. I love that something can be learned in so many different ways and that information is so readily available in so many different places. I love that I have a library so close and a computer with internet access. (I love that my prince charming knows how to set that all up.) I love that my girls can go to school and be taught by such loving and dedicated teachers. I love that I can learn about whatever fancies my interest at that moment.
{This is pretty much what I've been reading the last couple of months}
I feel like I've been on a learning journey lately and sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with all the knowledge that is possible to gain. I feel like Elder Faust when he said in one of his wonderful talks, "I am reminded of the poet T. S. Eliot’s words: “Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?” I've been confused with this person's thoughts and that expert's theories, but I feel I've been led on a path that was just what I needed to learn.
{And this is pretty much how my night stand looks most of the time. Chris can't stand it! It does tidy up nicely on cleaning day.}
Lately my fancy has been nutrition and health. (That seems to be my fancy a lot:) I love learning about the body and how amazing it is. I've been reading about just how amazing it really is and how all we have to do is stay out of its way to have incredible health.
One of the most interesting things I've learned is that our body just needs to be given the right nutrients and this beautiful creation knows exactly what to do with it. If we listen to our bodies and give it wholesome nutrients (which comes mostly from greens!), I'm reading, that our bodies will feel so good and work just as it was designed to. Our bodies are such beautiful creations!
Reading and studying the Word Of Wisdom again I'm seeing things I haven't seen before.
Vegetables and fruits, which should be used "with prudence and thanksgiving"
And then the promises:
"... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
"And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
"And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
"And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them" (D&C 89:18–21).
I knew all these things but I didn't really think about how much "prudence" and "thanksgiving" and "sparingly" really meant nor did I realize how literal these promises are.
In much of my reading by many who do not even know what the Word of Wisdom is, they are stating these same health benefits which come to them basically by following what the Word of Wisdom says.
So, I've decided I want to Experiment Upon the Word!
I want to follow this great knowledge I have learned so that I too can gain these great promises: clarity of thought, being full of energy, and glowing with health!I don't want my spirit hindered by my body. I want my body to be "the instrument of [my] spirit" (Elder Boyd K. Packer, Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled). In this way I see that my spirit can be strengthened and in turn my soul beautified! I can't imagine all the things that I could miss out on because of an unhealthy body! Who knows what is in store for me down the road but if I can at all make the road better by what I put in my body why not?!
So, here's to beautifying my soul as I experiment upon the word!
I'll let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment