Funny spring weather allowed me to procastinate this year. But, the long awaited, finally changing, change of the seasons came and along with it ... the very dreaded need to change out the clothes. All I can think of is the overwhelming mess, and boxes of clothes coming out, and more boxes of clothes ready to be stored with maybe not enough room to be stored. The thoughts of the mess become more overwhelming than the actual mess. Silly but true, the thought of it gets me anxious, so I put it off. But I've put it off for as long as I can, the girls need appropriate well-fitting clothes and, the change has finally come...
I shirked it no longer. I spent the entire day removing the dark, heavy (too small) winter clothes and bringing in the bright, fun summer clothes. It was a huge, overwhelming mess. But I have to admit,...I was reminded I do kind of I enjoy it. I enjoy the nostalgic moments as I go through the boxes of previous warn clothes and pull out all of my long-forgotten, favorite outfits. Remembering when Izzy was little enough to wear them and getting excited to see them look so adorable once again on Grace and Saley.Izzy misses the clothes. She, over and over again, excitedly exclaims, "I remember that dress!" or shirt, or pants as she pulls it out of the box and holds it up to her, then quickly gets a sad face and realizes, "but it's too small now." Then Gracie quickly picks it up, holds it up to her, twirls with it (of course) and says with a gleeful grin, " Do I get to wear it now?!" To which I happily nod as I'm comforting Izzy with a "new"dress that her cousin just gave her. Both are happy, both have adorable clothes they can't wait to wear and Saley is happy making the messes bigger not caring one bit about the clothes or the order as she throws once folded clothes around the room.
We got through it, each girl felt like it was Christmas with a whole closet full of "new" clothes. Old, worn, too small clothes are out; new, bright, fun clothes are in. The closets and drawers are organized, the rooms are clean, except for 2 outfits. Two outfits carefully chosen, neatly layed out on the floor with shoes and accesories to match, who won the prize "the favorite outfit", waiting to be worn by two anxious, and excited little girls as soon as the sun peaks into their window once again. And then... one more dress carefully put aside, for a little girl that doesn't really care at all, but for a Mommy that can't wait to see it worn by her little baby princess.
We ended the day with "the perfect dinner," as the girls called it of...PIZZA!
No comments:
Post a Comment